Our apps are designed to make home cooking simple we do all the organising so you can focus on the cooking. Check out our first app the Virtual homecook.
The SoCook mobile software application (“Virtual HomeCook”) is brought to you by Socook Ltd.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR, Socook Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (ie the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
We will obtain personal information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, payment details if required whenever you complete forms on the SoCook App.
We will also obtain personal information you provide when you download or register to use this SoCook App, send us feedback, post material, contact us for any reason, sign up to a service, share information via the Apps social media function, complete a survey, report a problem with the App .
We may ask you to provide sensitive personal data, for example: First name, last name, address1, address 2, city, postcode, DOB, telephone, profile image. If we request such data, we will provide you with additional information as to why we are requesting the sensitive personal data and how we will use it.
We may retain a record of any contact you make with us.
Device information: We may also collect information about your device each time you use the SoCook App. For example, we may collect information on the type of mobile device that you are using and its unique device identifier (for example, the IMEI number, the device’s mobile phone number, or the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface), the type of mobile browser that you are using, the mobile operating system that you are using, mobile network information and the time zone setting.
Information on your device: We may also collect information which is stored on your device each time you use the SoCook App. For example, we may collect contact information, login information, friends lists, photos, videos and other digital content.
Location data: We may also collect information to determine your location using GPS technology. Some of the features of the SoCook App will require access to such location data to work. If you would like to use any such feature, you will be asked to consent to provide such location information. You can withdraw your consent to providing this information at any time by .uk or by turning off location services for the SoCook App on your mobile device.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources, which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us provide services and improve or personalise the App.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
· to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
· research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
· customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
· marketing—see 'Marketing and opting out', below;
· fraud prevention and detection;
· billing and order fulfilment (including in-App purchase fulfilment);
· customising the App and its content to your particular preferences;
· to notify you of any changes to the App or to our services that may affect you;
· security vetting; and
· improving our services.
We will only contact you through the SoCook App, by email or by telephone about our products and services if you have asked us to do so. If you have changed your mind and would prefer us not to contact you, then you can opt out at any time. See further 'Your rights', below.
We may disclose your personal data to:
· other companies within our group;
· a third party who acquires SoCook Ltd or acquires substantially all of its assets, in which case the personal data shall be one of the acquired assets;
· our agents and service providers;
· law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by applicable law; and
· our business partners in accordance with the 'Marketing and opting out' section above.
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
· access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you and are stored hashed on SQL secure servers;
· we store your personal data on SQL secure servers;
· payment details are encrypted using SSL technology.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of training, quality assurance and compliance.
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
· give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
· receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and
· give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
You have the right to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
· put your request in writing;
· include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
· if the request is manifestly unfound or excessive or you require multiple copies, we may charge a “reasonable fee” for the administrative costs of
complying with the request subject to the payment by cheque made payable to Socook Ltd; and
· specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
· put your request in writing;
· provide us with enough information to identify you (for example, your name, address and email address); and
· specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
· put your request in writing (an email sent to contact@SoCook.com with a header that says 'Unsubscribe' is acceptable); and
· provide us with enough information to identify you (for example, your name, address and email address), and
· if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email or telephone), please specify the channel you are objecting to.
· recognise you whenever you visit the SoCook App (this speeds up your access to the SoCook App as you do not have to log on each time);
· obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
· carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor requirements and interests;
· target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
· make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
By downloading the SoCook App you confirm that this indicated consent to the collection of cookies.
We may work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on the SoCook App. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
The App currently does not contain any cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of the App. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: or .
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to contact@SoCook.com. Our registered office is C4DI, @TheDock, 31-38 Queen Street, Hull, HU1 1UU, UK.
We may change this
Policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you
are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you use the SoCook